Welcome Students. The following guide will give you the quick and easy method to brew a fantastic cup of joe using a french press. Â Please note I had to make a couple adjustments to make this process work in the classroom.
Step 1: Press the switch on your electric tea pot and bring to a boil
Step 2: Add 5 table spoons of fresh beans to the grinder
Step 3: Press the grinder button down for 3 seconds to achieve a rough grind
Step 4: Pour your ground coffee into the french press
Step 5: Set your timer to four minutes and add the hot water
Step 6: After 15 seconds give the pot a stir and place lid on top (do not push the plunger yet)
[Intermission: Â While you wait for the coffee to brew read a teammate these 5 fun facts about coffee]
- Legend has it a 9th-century Ethiopian goat herder discovered coffee by accident when he noticed how crazy the beans were making his goats.
- Coffee is a psychoactive. And at high doses it can make you see thingsâ€¦ It can also kill youâ€¦
- The lethal dose of caffeine is roughly 100 cups of coffee.
- Johan Sebastian Bach wrote an opera about a woman who was addicted to coffee.
- Teddy Roosevelt is and was the greatest American coffee drinker, consuming a gallon a day. But you probably shouldnâ€™t attempt to do that.
Step 7: Slowly push the plunger down
Step 8: Pour yourself a cup and savor caffeinated victory
Congratulations! You made a great cup of coffee and can now avoid the fake stuff!
Leave a Reply